Pay By Instalments
Domain Name Instalments Terms and Conditions
We/Us Zycon Domains You/Your The person or organisation renting or purchasing a domain Nominet The UK registry responsible for managing all .uk domains DNS Domain Name Server Start Date The date the rental period begins
- Zycon Domains offers a facility whereby a domain name may be paid for in instalments; specifically a domain can be rented for an agreed number of months with a final balancing payment being made to purchase the domain.
- The agreement between You and Us will begin on the date we acknowledge receipt of the first payment and send you a confirmation of the payment schedule. The agreement will end either when the domain name is successfully transferred to You or when the agreement is terminated by You or Us as per one of the clauses below.
- The specific details of the payment schedule are shown on the "Pay by Instalments / Rent Then Buy" page and the rental amount, duration, balancing payment information and due dates will also be emailed to You once the first payment is received.
- Within 24 hours of receipt of the first rental payment We will contact You to request a Start Date and DNS details to enable Us to point the domain at your web host. At this point You will have the option to cancel the agreement within 7 days and receive a full refund unless We have already updated the DNS with your details.
- In the event that You do not supply DNS details and/or a Start Date within one month after payment then We reserve the right to terminate this agreement without further notice. In this instance we will refund your payment less a £25 Admin Fee.
- We will update the DNS on the requested Start Date or if this is not feasible as soon as possible after this date; the rental period will begin on the day after We update the DNS.
- For each following month during the rental period the agreed rental amount must be paid by the due date. As a courtesy We will send reminders but payment is Your responsibility.
- Following the final rental payment the agreed balancing payment must be paid by the due date. As a courtesy We will send reminders but payment is Your responsibility.
- In the event that any payment due is not received within one week after the due date then the DNS details will be removed rendering any web site and/or email inoperable.
- In the event that a rental payment or balancing payment is not received within one month after the due date then We reserve the right to terminate this agreement without further notice.
- You may cancel this agreement within 7 days of making the first payment and receive a full refund if you cancel before We update the DNS details. No refund will be made under any circumstance once we have updated the DNS to the details you provided.
- For the avoidance of doubt, under Nominet's rules no-one can actually purchase a domain name; you purchase the right to use the domain name until the two year expiry date and then the domain name may be renewed again for a further two years. Nominet offer full details of this process at the domain transfer stage.
- We retain full title to the domain name until You purchase the domain by making the balancing payment and the Nominet domain name transfer to You has been successfully completed.
- You must comply with all applicable laws which apply to the use of the domain name. In particular You must not use the domain name in any manner which could be deemed an "Abusive Registration" as defined by Nominet.
- In the event that a complaint is made through the Nominet Dispute Resolution Service then we reserve the right to terminate this agreement without further notice.
- You agree to indemnify Us against all damages, losses or liabilities which may arise with respect to the Domain Name or its use or operation while under Your control.